I will transit by air through Canada. Do I need an eTA?
Passengers transiting Canada will need an eTA or a visa, regardless of the length of time in Canada.
Travellers whose planes refuel in Canada going to and from the United States, as well as participants in the China Transit Program and Transit Without Visa Program, do not need to have an eTA or a visa to transit Canada.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What file formats can I upload to my account?
- How do I view the messages in my account?
- Can I send a new document after I apply online?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
How to videos
- Date modified: