Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

I am from a visa-exempt country or have a U.S. Green Card and want to extend my work or study permit. Do I need to apply for an eTA?

No. As of May 1, 2017 eligible applicants are issued an eTA when we approve their study or work permits.

If you applied before May 1 2017, check the information on extending your work permit or study permit.

Answers others found useful


  • Come to Canada

How to videos

Glossary term

Date modified: