How do I fill out my Express Entry profile when I have implied status?
“Implied status” means you can stay in Canada and keep working while we make a decision on your application.
- If you are working in Canada with implied status and are authorized to work in Canada at the time you complete your Express Entry profile:
- Answer “yes” to the question “Does [your name] have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?”
- If you are working in Canada with implied status, are authorized to work in Canada, and the original work permit was supported by a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA):
- Answer “yes” to the question “Was a positive LMIA issued for the current work permit?” Where it asks for the LMIA number, you should enter the number of the expired LMIA.
If (2) is true, for the question “Was a positive LMIA issued for the job offer in Canada?”
answer “no” if:
- you are still working for the employer named on the original work permit, and
- you have a job offer from your current employer for at least one year
answer “yes” if:
- you are working for a different employer than the one named on the original work permit
- you have a job offer from your new employer for at least one year and
- your new employer has a positive LMIA.
How to videos
- Date modified: