How do I fill out my Express Entry profile when I have maintained my status?
“Maintained status” means you can stay in Canada and, if eligible, keep working while we make a decision on your application.
- If you’re in Canada with maintained status and are still authorized to work at the time you complete your Express Entry profile:
- Answer “yes” to the question “Does [your name] have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada?”
- If you’re in Canada with maintained status, you’re still authorized to work, and the original work permit was supported by a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA):
- Answer “yes” to the question “Was a positive LMIA issued for the current work permit?”
- Where it asks for the LMIA number, enter the number of the expired LMIA.
If (2) is true, for the question “Was a positive LMIA issued for the job offer in Canada?”
answer “no” if:
- you’re still working for the employer named on the original work permit, and
- you have a job offer from your current employer for at least 1 year
answer “yes” if:
- you’re working for a different employer than the one named on the original work permit
- you have a job offer from your new employer for at least 1 year and
- your new employer has a positive LMIA
How to videos
- Date modified: