If I am waiting for a new work permit and I have job offer points, do I have to remove the job offer from my Express Entry profile?
“Implied status” means you can stay in Canada and keep working while we make a decision on your application.
If you have implied status, and have applied to renew your work permit, you can keep working for the same employer under the same conditions. You are still eligible for job offer points during this time.
If you are invited to apply, your Express Entry profile answers will be carried forward to your online application for permanent residence. It will show that you have a valid work permit supported by an LMIA (if you need one) in a NOC 0, A or B job. You will not need to change the answers.
You must submit a copy of your LMIA with the application if your work permit was supported by an LMIA.
Note: The points you can get for a job offer has changed. You can now get:
- 200 CRS points for a valid job offer in a NOC 00 job
- 50 CRS points for a valid job offer in a NOC 0, NOC A or B job.
Answers others found useful
- What do you mean by Primary Occupation?
- Why didn’t I get points for my job offer in Express Entry?
- I have a job offer but the system says I need to register in Job Bank. Why?
- I am working in Canada on a valid work permit. Does this count as a job offer?
- I am working in Canada on a post-graduation work permit. Do I need a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- Can I count work experience that was part of my education toward the work requirement?
How to videos
- Date modified: