What information will I get by email after I apply for an eTA?
After you submit your application, you should get an email that indicates one of the following:
- Confirmation of receipt/pending: your application has been received and a review is currently underway.
- Request for documents: to complete the review of your application, you will need to submit documents. The email outlines instructions on how to submit the requested document(s).
- Approval: your eTA has been approved. The email will include your eTA number, expiration date, and passport number.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a visa to visit Canada?
- Do I need a Canadian visa if I have a United States visa?
- How do I apply for an eTA for travel to Canada?
- I am visiting the U.S. I want to come to Canada. Do I need an eTA?
- Do I need a visa if I am travelling through Canada without stopping or visiting?
- How do I help a family member or friend apply to visit Canada?
- I am travelling with my minor child without my spouse. What documents must I present?
- What’s the difference between a visitor visa and a visitor record?
- Do I need to apply for both a visitor visa and an eTA?
How to videos
- Date modified: