What happens if I made a mistake (like an email address or passport number) on my eTA application?
You will need to apply again. Make sure to enter the correct information.
Your correct email address is needed because we will email you to tell you if your application for an eTA is approved.
The passport number of the passport you will use to travel to Canada is needed because your eTA will be linked to that passport. If the passport number you entered is not correct, you may not be able to board your flight.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What file formats can I upload to my account?
- How do I view the messages in my account?
- Can I send a new document after I apply online?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
How to videos
- Date modified: