Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Can I apply for an eTA with a Refugee Travel Document?

Most people using a Refugee Travel Document to travel to Canada will need a visitor visa.


  • If you have a valid Canadian Refugee Travel document, you are exempt from both the visa and eTA requirements.
  • If you are a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. and don’t have a passport, you can apply for an eTA with a valid U.S. Refugee Travel Document (I-571).

Answers others found useful


  • Come to Canada

How to videos

Glossary term

Date modified: