Why did processing times information change?
In July 2018, we changed the way we show processing times for some permanent resident applications who haven’t applied yet. These new processing times are an estimate of how long we expect most applications will take to process under normal circumstances.
These times are based on the number of current applications waiting to be processed and how quickly we expect to process them. They are more accurate for new or recent applicants.
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- How often are the processing times for visa offices updated?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- Date modified: