What is the employer compliance fee? How do I pay it?
The employer compliance fee is a fee that employers must pay to hire a temporary worker through the International Mobility Program (IMP).
You don’t need to pay the employer compliance fee if you hire a worker:
Employer compliance exemptions
Some employers don’t need to pay the employer compliance fee when they are LMIA-exempt. Find out if you are exempt.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
- Date modified: