Is the eTA linked to a client’s passport number?
Yes, the eTA is electronically linked to the passport number you enter when you apply for your client’s eTA. The person will need to travel to Canada with that passport.
Note: Your client can confirm that the passport number is correct. If it is not correct, you must complete a new application.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a visa to visit Canada?
- Do I need a Canadian visa if I have a United States visa?
- How do I apply for an eTA for travel to Canada?
- I am visiting the U.S. I want to come to Canada. Do I need an eTA?
- Do I need a visa if I am travelling through Canada without stopping or visiting?
- How do I help a family member or friend apply to visit Canada?
- I am travelling with my minor child without my spouse. What documents must I present?
- What’s the difference between a visitor visa and a visitor record?
- Do I need to apply for both a visitor visa and an eTA?
How to videos
- Date modified: