Is the eTA linked to a client’s passport number?
Yes, the eTA is electronically linked to the passport number you enter when you apply for your client’s eTA. The person will need to travel to Canada with that passport.
Note: Your client can confirm that the passport number is correct. If it is not correct, you must complete a new application.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What file formats can I upload to my account?
- How do I view the messages in my account?
- Can I send a new document after I apply online?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
How to videos
- Date modified: