How will I know if I was invited to apply to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
If you’re invited to apply, we’ll send you an email to let you know.
Also, we post the status of each confirmation number on our website when we send out invitations to apply. Everyone who submits an interest to sponsor form gets a confirmation number. Look up your confirmation number to find out if you’re invited to apply.
If you aren’t invited to apply
If you’d like your parents and grandparents to come to Canada, they may be eligible to apply for a super visa which could let them
- stay in Canada for up to 2 years at a time
- apply to extend their stay by up to 1 year at a time
Answers others found useful
- Can I use a courier service to submit my application to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
- When will the Parents and Grandparents Program re-open to new applications?
- How many applications to sponsor parents and grandparents will you accept this year?
- How can I show proof of income to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
- Date modified: