I applied for an eTA on a different website. How do I verify if I have a real eTA?
To confirm that you have a valid eTA, use the eTA Check Status tool. You need to provide the following information:
- eTA application number, and
- details from the passport you used to apply
- passport number,
- passport country of issuance,
- issue date, and
- expiry date.
After submitting these details, you will see information about your eTA on the status screen. The Government of Canada website is the official place to apply for an eTA. Even authorized third parties that apply on behalf of someone have to use this website to apply for an eTA.
If it has been more than 72 hours since you applied and if you do not see any information or get an error message when you use the Check Status tool, complete this enquiry form. Note: It can take us several days to answer your enquiry.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a visa to visit Canada?
- Do I need a Canadian visa if I have a United States visa?
- How do I apply for an eTA for travel to Canada?
- I am visiting the U.S. I want to come to Canada. Do I need an eTA?
- Do I need a visa if I am travelling through Canada without stopping or visiting?
- How do I help a family member or friend apply to visit Canada?
- I am travelling with my minor child without my spouse. What documents must I present?
- What’s the difference between a visitor visa and a visitor record?
- Do I need to apply for both a visitor visa and an eTA?
How to videos
- Date modified: