I see other websites advertising that I can apply for an eTA with them. Is there more than one website to apply for an eTA?
No. The Government of Canada website is the official place to apply for an eTA. Even authorized third parties that apply on behalf of someone else have to use this website to apply for an eTA. To find out if you need an eTA, answer the questions at the start of this website’s application form.
Travellers who apply for an eTA are advised to be cautious in all dealings with companies that claim to offer help in getting an eTA. Although many of these companies have created websites that charge a fee to provide information and submit eTA applications through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), these companies are NOT operating on behalf of the Government of Canada.
Read more on how to protect yourself.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What file formats can I upload to my account?
- How do I view the messages in my account?
- Can I send a new document after I apply online?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
How to videos
- Date modified: