I have not been able to submit an eTA application because of technical issues (i.e. with payment or the application form). Can I still fly to Canada?
No. eTA is a mandatory entry requirement. If you have not been able to get an eTA, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada.
If you try to apply again but still have technical issues, complete this enquiry form.
- Under “Type of application” select “Electronic Travel Authorization”, then “General and Technical Enquiries.”
- Provide as many details as possible about the problem you encountered. Note: It can take us several days to answer your inquiry
If you decide to travel to Canada without an eTA you will experience delays or be prevented from boarding your flight to Canada.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What file formats can I upload to my account?
- How do I view the messages in my account?
- Can I send a new document after I apply online?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
How to videos
- Date modified: