My application for an eTA was refused. Can I still travel to Canada?
If your application was refused, you should not travel to Canada. If you try to travel to Canada with a refused eTA, you will be prevented from boarding your flight.
We encourage you to reapply for an eTA only once you have addressed the reason(s) leading to the refusal of your application.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What file formats can I upload to my account?
- How do I view the messages in my account?
- Can I send a new document after I apply online?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
How to videos
- Date modified: