My IEC work permit application was approved, but I don’t want to work yet. Can I enter Canada as a visitor for now?
IEC participants: Requirements for travel to Canada
Yes, as long as you satisfy the border services officer that you are entering as a visitor and will not be working.
When you are ready to work in Canada, you will need to go to a Port of Entry (exit and re-enter Canada). When you re-enter, you must present your Port of Entry (POE) Letter to get your work permit. Make sure your POE Letter is not expired.
If you received an eTA with your work permit, you do not need to apply for a second eTA.
Answers others found useful
- Can I come to Canada before I receive my POE Letter?
- What type of insurance do I need for International Experience Canada?
- Can I change employers if I have an International Experience Canada work permit?
- Can I extend my International Experience Canada work permit?
- Can I stay in Canada as a tourist after my work permit expires?
How to videos
- Date modified: