IRCC has asked me for a new document. How do I submit it?
When we asked you for documents, we also included information on how to send them to us.
If we sent you the request via your account
Follow these instructions to upload your documents through your online account:
- Sign in to your account.
- Look for your application under View the applications you submitted.
- Under the Action column, click Check full application status.
- At the top of the page, click View submitted application or upload documents.
- Scroll down the page and click Continue.
- Under “Documents submitted by the client” you can find:
- Document Name: the document we need
- Instructions: more information on the type of document and how to get it
- Required by: the latest date by when we need to receive the document
- Click Upload file and follow the steps to find and choose your documents from your computer and upload your document to your account.
- If you need to submit more than 1 document, please read what to do if you have multiple documents before uploading any documents.
- Make sure the Details column shows the message Uploaded - not submitted to IRCC.
- Click Next.
- Provide your Signature by entering your Given name(s) and Last name(s).
- Answer the Security Question.
- Click Sign.
- Click Transmit.
- The following message should appear on your screen: “Congratulations! You have successfully submitted your application or profile. You have successfully transmitted your additional or replacement document(s).”
- After you see the message, you will receive an email confirming that you have added a new document.
If we requested the documents through regular mail or email
Check the request message and follow the instructions on how to send us your documents.
If you have problems sending us your documents
If you can’t find our request letter/email, or if you have technical problems, contact us via our Web form, tell us about your issue and send us your documents.
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What can I apply for online?
- What are the differences between applying online and on paper?
- Can I send a new document after I submit my online visa application?
- How can I change or review my answers in my online application?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
Form and guide
- Date modified: