What is a hearing conducted by videoconference?
A hearing conducted by videoconference is the same as an in-person hearing except you speak to an IRCC official or Citizenship judge through one of our computers in an IRCC office. An IRCC official will be with you to make sure you can see and hear the interviewer properly. We use videoconferences so you have your hearing as quickly as possible.
Prepare for a videoconference hearing the same way that you would any other hearing. Review your Notice to Appear to make sure you bring everything you need. You do not need to bring any computer equipment of your own.
Answers others found useful
- What are the requirements for becoming a Canadian citizen?
- I already have a citizenship application in process. How will the 2015 changes to the citizenship legislation affect my application?
- Do I become a Canadian when I marry a Canadian?
- How much does it cost to apply for Canadian citizenship?
- I am a citizen of another country. Will I lose that citizenship if I become a Canadian?
- What can I do if my citizenship application is refused?
- What should I do if I missed my citizenship test?
- Can I leave Canada after I mail my citizenship application?
- What is a non-routine citizenship application?
- Do I have to use the travel journal?
- If I’m applying for citizenship, do I still have to submit the physical presence calculator if I submit the travel journal?
- If I’m transferring through different countries at the airport, or by car or train, do I need to record it in my travel journal?
- How do I get more copies of the travel journal?
- My application has been returned, because it’s incomplete. Do I have to recalculate my physical presence (time lived in Canada)?
Form and guide
- Application for Canadian citizenship – Adult
- Application for Canadian citizenship – Minor applying with parent or guardian
- Application for Canadian citizenship – Minor applying alone
- Application for Canadian citizenship – Adopted person
- Application for Canadian citizenship – Stateless person born to a Canadian parent
- Application for Canadian Citizenship – Canadian Armed Forces
- Date modified: