What changes have recently been made to Express Entry?
The CRS scores of all profiles in the pool will be updated automatically before the next invitation round after the updates. This could take up to two weeks.
We have made improvements to the Express Entry system.
Changes as of November 16, 2022
On November 16, 2022, we switched to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that
- the NOC 2016 skill type and skill level structure (NOC 0, A, B, C and D) was replaced with a 6 category system representing the training, education, experience and responsibilities (TEER) needed to work in an occupation
- 4-digit occupation codes became 5-digit codes
- Eligiblity criteria was updated for all programs that use the NOC.
What do I need to do?
Not everyone will be affected by these changes. If you think you are not affected, you don’t need to do anything.
If you think the changes affect you, you should:
Answers others found useful
- How can I find out what Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level my immigration language test results are equivalent to?
- Where can I get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)?
- I’m in the Express Entry pool. How can I look for a job in Canada?
- How do I find my National Occupation Classification (NOC) code?
- Why didn’t I get points for my job offer in Express Entry?
- Do I need to include proof of funds for Express Entry?
How to videos
- Date modified: