What changes have recently been made to Express Entry?
The CRS scores of all profiles in the pool will be updated automatically before the next invitation round after the updates. This could take up to two weeks.
We have made improvements to the Express Entry system.
Changes as of October 20, 2020
You can get additional points for good French skills
If you score NCLC 7 or higher on all four French language skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing), you will get
- 25 additional points if you scored CLB 4 or lower in English (or you have not had an English test); or
- 50 additional points if you scored CLB 5 or higher on all four English skills
This is in addition to points you get for official languages.
What do I need to do?
Not everyone will be affected by these changes. If you think you are not affected, you don’t need to do anything.
If you think the changes affect you, you should:
Answers others found useful
- How can I find out what Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level my immigration language test results are equivalent to?
- Where can I get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)?
- I’m in the Express Entry pool. How can I look for a job in Canada?
- How do I find my National Occupation Classification (NOC) code?
- Why didn’t I get points for my job offer in Express Entry?
- Do I need to include proof of funds for Express Entry?
How to videos
- Date modified: