I’m having technical issues. My invitation to apply for a work permit expires soon. What do I do?
If you’re having problems with your International Experience Canada invitation to apply or work permit application, these tips may help:
- Try linking to your application, if you can no longer see it in your account.
- Click “Validate” at the end of each form to make sure there are no errors or blank fields in your application.
- Try using a different browser or clearing your browser cache.
- Check the Help Centre for more technical help and information on accessing online services.
What to do if you’re still having problems
Your next step is to report your technical issue. We need as much detail as possible to know what’s wrong.
Click on the “Report a technical issue” button at the top of your account.
Fill out the form with all the required information, including the following:
- Date of birth
- Country or territory of birth
- Unique client identifier/client ID number, if available
- Application number, if available
- Type of application (select ”International Experience Canada”)
- Description of the problem or error message, with a screenshot of the page where you are experiencing the problem
- As much information as possible about the steps you took before you experienced the problem
It can take us some time to fix technical issues. Please do not send more than one report for the same issue, as it may slow down our response.
If your invitation to apply or application expires
If your invitation to apply or work permit application expires before we can help you, don’t panic.
To ensure the application process is fair for all clients, we can re-invite clients who have technical problems. Follow these steps:
- Sign in to your account and go to the messages section at the bottom of the main page.
- Click on the technical issue report that you submitted, and take a screen shot.
- Go to the Web form.
- Select “International Experience Canada” as the type of application. Do not select any other option from the list.
- In the “Your enquiry” box, tell us that your invitation to apply or work permit application expired before you received help with the technical issue you reported.
- Provide the rest of the required information and be sure to include your client ID number.
- Upload a screen shot of the technical issue report that you submitted before your invitation expired.
An officer will assess your request. Normally, you’ll receive a response within five business days. If the officer approves your request, you’ll receive instructions on how to reapply.
Please do not submit another request before five business days have passed.
Answers others found useful
- How do I withdraw or delete my International Experience Canada profile?
- How do I sign my online visa or permit application?
- I have a question about a document I am asked to submit in my MyCIC. Who can I ask?
- Can I get a refund if I cancel my International Experience Canada work permit application?
- What is a POE Letter?
How to videos
- Date modified: