How does the Parents and Grandparents Program work?
The Parents and Grandparents Program opens once a year. It lets citizens and permanent residents of Canada sponsor their parents and grandparents to come to Canada.
Here is how the program works:
Step 2: After the online form closes, we review the form submissions and remove any duplicates.
We randomly select and invite potential sponsors to apply to sponsor their parents and grandparents. We email the invitations and post the invitation status on our site.
In 2020, we’ll invite potential sponsors to apply in one round of invitations.
Step 3: If you’re invited to apply, we must receive your application package by the deadline that’s in your invitation.
To avoid using outdated forms, don’t prepare your application unless you’re invited to apply.
Find out more about how to apply to sponsor your parents and grandparents.
If you live in Quebec, find out how to sponsor your parents and grandparents in Quebec.
Answers others found useful
- Can I use a courier service to submit my application to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
- When will the Parents and Grandparents Program re-open to new applications?
- How will I know if I was invited to apply to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
- How many applications to sponsor parents and grandparents will you accept this year?
- How can I show proof of income to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
- Date modified: