If I’m a dual citizen, can I have an International Experience Canada work permit under each citizenship?
Yes. For example, you can get a work permit once as a citizen of the United Kingdom and a second time as an Irish citizen
To do this, you need to:
- have a valid passport issued by the country you're applying under,
- meet all of the eligibility criteria for this country, and
- provide a letter of explanation in your work permit application that says
- you are a dual citizen
- your other work permit is under your other country of citizenship.
Answers others found useful
- What kinds of jobs can I have with an International Experience Canada work permit?
- Can I travel with a specific person for International Experience Canada?
- Do I have to apply online for my IEC work permit or can I apply by mail or in person?
- Will my spouse or common-law partner get a work permit under International Experience Canada to come with me?
- How long does it take to get an International Experience Canada invitation to apply?
How to videos
- Date modified: