Can I sponsor my in-laws under the Parents and Grandparents Program?
No, you can only sponsor your own parents and grandparents.
If you want to co-sign your in-law’s application, your spouse or partner must be the one who received an invitation to apply as a sponsor.
Even If you receive an invitation to apply, you can’t:
- use your invitation to sponsor your in-laws.
- use your invitation to be the co-signer on your in-law’s application.
- transfer your invitation to your spouse or partner for them to sponsor their parent or grandparent.
Find out more about who you can sponsor under the Parents and Grandparents Program.
Answers others found useful
- Can I use a courier service to submit my application to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
- When will the Parents and Grandparents Program re-open to new applications?
- How will I know if I was invited to apply to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
- How many applications to sponsor parents and grandparents will you accept this year?
- How can I show proof of income to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
- Date modified: