An officer asked me to provide a document in my account, but I’m missing information. What do I do?
Before you upload the document the officer asked you for, you need to enter information about it. In some cases, the document won’t have all the information that you need to enter.
In this case:
- check your document carefully to make sure you haven’t missed anything
- enter any of the information you have
- fill out the missing fields as follows:
- for the “Document Number,” enter “000000”
- for the “Expiry Date,” select a date that’s one year later than the date of issue
If you’re asking for an extension to get a Police Certificate for your eTA application:
- for the “Document name,” enter “Request for an extension”
- for the “Country of issue,” choose your country of citizenship from the drop-down menu
Answers others found useful
- My documents are too large to upload. How do I reduce the file size?
- What can I apply for online?
- What are the differences between applying online and on paper?
- Can I send a new document after I submit my online visa application?
- How can I change or review my answers in my online application?
- What is GCKey?
- What is Sign-in partner (SecureKey Concierge)?
- How do I upload documents to my IRCC Portal account after I’ve submitted my application?
Form and guide
- Date modified: