How do I hire a temporary foreign worker using an LMIA issued by ESDC under the Global Talent Stream?
Once you receive a positive decision from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) on your Global Talent Stream (GTS) LMIA application, give a copy of the decision letter to the worker you want to hire. They must apply online and include it with their work permit application.
The worker will also need to identify themselves as part of the GTS when they complete their eligibility check.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
- Can I hold 2 valid work permits at the same time?
- Date modified: