If my visa, work or study permit application is refused, will I have to give biometrics for my next application?
No, when you apply for a visitor visa or a work or study permit and you give your biometrics, they will stay valid for a 10-year period, even if your visa or permit application is refused or has expired.
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out and validate IRCC application forms with 2D barcodes?
- Why won’t my application form let me save my information or digitally sign it?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is an application number?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my citizenship application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
A Step-by-step look at biometrics
Form and guide
- Date modified: