What is a complex permanent residence application?
If your application is complex, it may take us longer than normal processing times to process your application.
Your application may be more complex if:
- the contact information on file (address, telephone, email) is outdated and we can’t contact you or a family member
- we requested more documents and they weren’t submitted on time, or at all
- your dependant(s) turned 18 since you applied
- you added dependant(s) to your application since you applied
- your dependant(s) got married and/or had children of their own since you applied
- you provided legal documents to confirm a change to your marital status, or about child custody
- you or your family member were asked to resubmit a medical exam because one expired (exams for every person must all be valid at the same time)
- you or a family member were asked to appear for an interview
- you or a family member might not be eligible
- background checks are still in progress for you or your family members
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- Why did processing times information change?
- How often are the processing times for visa offices updated?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- Date modified: