I have a confirmation number. Am I guaranteed to get invited to sponsor my parents and grandparents?
No. After the form closes, we review submissions and remove duplicates. We’ll invite potential sponsors to submit a complete application in the same order we received the interest to sponsor forms online.
When we invite a group of potential sponsors to submit a complete application, we call this a round of invitations. Depending on the number of complete applications we receive, we may do more than 1 round of invitations.
Not everyone who’s invited to apply submits a complete application by the deadline specified in their invitation. Because of this, we have to accept more interest to sponsor form submissions than the number of applications we’ll accept.
For 2019, we’ll invite enough sponsors to receive 20,000 complete applications.
If you have a confirmation number, don’t prepare your application before you’re invited to submit a complete application. We post the status of each invitation on our website every time we do a round of invitations. Look up your confirmation number to find out if you’re invited to apply.
If you’d like your parents and grandparents to come to Canada, the super visa is another option. Your parents and grandparents may be eligible to apply for a super visa to stay in Canada for up to 2 years at a time.
Answers others found useful
- What is a complex family sponsorship application?
- For my IRCC spousal sponsorship application, what is a common-law partner?
- What are the changes to the spousal sponsorship program?
- Am I affected by the changes made to reduce spousal sponsorship wait times?
- How can I sponsor my spouse or children?
- Which family members can come with me to Canada when I immigrate?
- How can I include a dependent child on my application?
- I already became a permanent resident. Can I still add my dependent child to my application?
- My courier did not deliver my PGP application to your PO Box. What should I do?
- Date modified: