When does my processing time start?
Due to the impacts of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we
- are experiencing delays in receiving applications
- can’t process applications normally
- can’t provide accurate processing times
For guidance on your situation, find out how you’re affected by the coronavirus/COVID-19.
Your processing time starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision.
If you apply by mail, the processing time starts when your application arrives in our mailroom.
If you apply online or in-person, it starts when you submit your application.
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- Why did processing times information change?
- How often are the processing times for visa offices updated?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- Date modified: