When can I check my application status?
You can’t check your application status right away.
You can only check your application status after we start processing your application. There’s a delay between when you submit your application and when we open it. Once we open your application and check that it’s complete, we start processing it.
If you applied on paper
- The delay depends on what you applied for. It could take up to several months before we start processing your application.
- When we start processing your application, we’ll send you an acknowledgment of receipt letter or email with your client number.
- When you have your client number, you can check your application status in 2 ways.
If you’re worried we didn’t get your application, see How can I check if my application has been received?
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- Why did processing times information change?
- How often are the processing times for visa offices updated?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- Date modified: