When can I check my application status?
Due to the impacts of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we
- are experiencing delays in receiving applications
- can’t process applications normally
- can’t provide accurate processing times
For guidance on your situation, find out how you’re affected by the coronavirus/COVID-19.
You can’t check your application status right away.
You can only check your application status after we start processing your application. There’s a delay between when you submit your application and when we open it. Due to the impacts of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), this delay may be longer. Once we open your application and check that it’s complete, we start processing it.
If you applied on paper
- The delay depends on what you applied for. It could take up to several months before we start processing your application.
- When we start processing your application, we’ll send you an acknowledgment of receipt letter or email with your client number.
- When you have your client number, you can check your application status in 2 ways.
If you’re worried we didn’t get your application, see How can I check if my application has been received?
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- Why did processing times information change?
- How often are the processing times for visa offices updated?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- How do I get priority processing if I’m a resident of Hong Kong?
- Date modified: