The refugee I sponsored is arriving next week but I’m not ready for them. What should I do?
If you’re part of a Constituent Group, contact the sponsorship agreement holder (SAH) for help preparing.
Any other sponsor group unable to support a refugee they agreed to sponsor must contact us as soon as possible (IRCC.INROCO-CORORI.IRCC@cic.gc.ca).
As a sponsor, you need to be ready to support the refugees you sponsor when they get to Canada. This includes
- making arrangements to meet them when they arrive
- resettling them in your community
- integrating them into your community
Answers others found useful
- Who is eligible for sponsorship under the Private Sponsorship of Refugees Program?
- Who can sponsor a refugee?
- How long does it take before a privately sponsored refugee gets to Canada?
- Who decides whether a refugee can be sponsored and resettled?
- What kind of support do government-assisted refugees get?
- Date modified: