What should I do if I’m eligible for the protected persons family reunification pilot, but I can’t find my dependent family members, or they don’t want to come to Canada?
List all family members on your application when you apply for permanent residence, even if you can’t find them or they don’t want to come to Canada yet.
If they change their mind within a year of the date you get permanent resident status, they can still apply as your dependants using the one-year time limit process. This option only applies to family members you list on your application.
Answers others found useful
- What happens if my PR card expires while I am outside Canada?
- I’m a new permanent resident of Canada. Do I need to apply for a PR card?
- How long will it take to process my PR card?
- I need to leave Canada and I do not have a PR card. Can I later re-enter Canada?
- How do I renew my PR card?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: