My application has been returned, because it’s incomplete. Do I have to recalculate my physical presence (time lived in Canada)?
Check the letter we send with your incomplete application. It tells you if you have to recalculate your physical presence.
You must recalculate your physical presence if your application was returned because
- the application form and the calculator printout were signed on different dates
- your calculation is incorrect
- double-check your calculation
- include all the times you spent outside Canada in 3 out of the last 5 years
- you didn’t sign or date your application form or calculation
- you submitted an outdated application form
- it’s dated either
- more than 90 days before we receive it, or
- into the future (post-dated)
Make sure the application form and the calculator printout have the same date of signature.
Answers others found useful
- What are the requirements for becoming a Canadian citizen?
- I already have a citizenship application in process. How will the 2015 changes to the citizenship legislation affect my application?
- Do I become a Canadian when I marry a Canadian?
- How much does it cost to apply for Canadian citizenship?
- I am a citizen of another country. Will I lose that citizenship if I become a Canadian?
- What can I do if my citizenship application is refused?
- What should I do if I missed my citizenship test?
- Can I leave Canada after I mail my citizenship application?
- What is a non-routine citizenship application?
- Do I have to use the travel journal?
- If I’m applying for citizenship, do I still have to submit the physical presence calculator if I submit the travel journal?
- If I’m transferring through different countries at the airport, or by car or train, do I need to record it in my travel journal?
- How do I get more copies of the travel journal?
Form and guide
- Application for Canadian citizenship – Adult
- Application for Canadian citizenship – Minor applying with parent or guardian
- Application for Canadian citizenship – Minor applying alone
- Application for Canadian citizenship – Adopted person
- Application for Canadian citizenship – Stateless person born to a Canadian parent
- Application for Canadian Citizenship – Canadian Armed Forces
- Date modified: