How do I fill out and validate IRCC application forms with 2D barcodes?
Some of our forms have a Validate button at the top and bottom. We call these forms “2D barcode forms.”
2D barcode forms help:
- you make sure that you completed all the required fields
- us process your application faster
Follow these instructions to complete, sign and submit a 2D barcode form:
- Download and open the form.
- You’ll need Acrobat Reader 10 (or higher). If you need help, find out how to download and open forms.
- Fill out the form.
- If you’re not sure about the information you must provide, check your application guide.
- Click the “Validate” button, at the top or bottom of the form.
- You must always click the Validate button on 2D barcode forms, whether you submit your application online or by mail.
If you provided all the information, a new page with barcodes will appear at end of the document. It will look like this:
- If you’re missing information, the fields you need to fill out will be outlined in red with a description of what is missing.
- If a barcode does not appear, find out why and how to fix the issue.
Get ready to submit the form.
Only some applications can be submitted online. Find out if you can apply online.
If you apply online:
- Do not print the 2D barcode form.
- Do not use the “signature panel” button at the top of the application.
- Save the form on your computer in a place you’ll remember.
- Upload the form to your account.
- After you upload all the forms for your application, click the “Next” button that appeared below your uploaded documents.
- Enter your name and answer a security question
- This is your electronic signature.
If you apply on paper:
- Print the application form, including the barcodes on the last page.
- The barcodes must be clear. Distortions, smudges or fading can cause processing delays.
- For best results print on white, bond-quality, non-glossy paper using a laser printer.
- Sign and date your application in pen.
- Put the page with the barcodes on the top of your application package before mailing it.
- The mailing instructions are in your application guide.
Answers others found useful
- If you return my application, will I get a refund?
- How do I fill out an IRCC application?
- How can I check if my application has been received?
- What happens after I send in my application?
- What is a UCI?
- What is my client ID?
- How can I come to Canada as a visitor, worker or student?
- How do I submit my application?
- What do you mean by surname?
- How can I find a doctor to provide my medical exam?
- How can I get my application processed urgently?
- How can I get help with my application?
- If my visa, work or study permit application is refused, will I have to give biometrics for my next application?
- I submitted my application with the old permanent residence fees. Will my application be rejected or returned?
- I submitted my application and paid the processing fee before April 30, 2020. I haven’t paid the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) yet. Do I pay the old or new RPRF fee?
- What is an application number?
- I received a letter from IRCC saying that my permanent residence application is incomplete. I paid the old fees already, but want to submit a new application. How do I pay my new permanent residence fees?
- Date modified: