Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

How do I get priority processing if I’m a resident of Hong Kong?

Priority processing is one of the measures available to residents of Hong Kong. You can get priority processing if you’re applying for one of the following:

Passport and PRTD applicants

We’re already prioritizing applications for Canadians and permanent residents who need to return to Canada.

If you need a passport urgently, contact the nearest Canadian embassy or consulate.

If you’re outside Canada and your permanent resident card is expired, you can apply for a PRTD to return

All other applicants who are residents of Hong Kong

If you’re applying online, you don’t need to do anything to get priority processing. It will happen automatically.

If you’re applying on paper, write “Urgent – Hong Kong priority on the envelope.

Answers others found useful

Date modified: