How do I get priority processing if I’m a resident of Hong Kong?
Priority processing is one of the measures available to residents of Hong Kong. You can get priority processing if you’re applying for one of the following:
- Canadian passport
- permanent resident travel document (PRTD)
- visitor visa
- electronic travel authorization (eTA)
- work permit
- study permit
- family sponsorship
Passport and PRTD applicants
We’re already prioritizing applications for Canadians and permanent residents who need to return to Canada.
If you need a passport urgently, contact the nearest Canadian embassy or consulate.
If you’re outside Canada and your permanent resident card is expired, you can apply for a PRTD to return.
All other applicants who are residents of Hong Kong
If you haven’t applied yet
If you’re applying online, you don’t need to do anything to get priority processing. It will happen automatically.
If you’re applying on paper, write “urgent – hong kong priority” on the envelope.
If you’ve already applied
If you didn’t mark your paper application as urgent, we’ll still prioritize your application. You should receive correspondence from us by February 26, 2021. If you haven’t heard from us by then, you can contact us using the Web form. If you don’t know your application number, include your courier tracking number in the “Your enquiry” field. This will ensure we can find your application. However, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we still can’t
- process applications normally
- provide accurate processing times
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- Why did processing times information change?
- How often are the processing times for visa offices updated?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- Date modified: