Can I update my application for a citizenship certificate?
Yes, you can update your application after you submit it. How you do that depends on how you applied.
|How you applied||How to contact us and update your application|
|Online application from inside Canada or the United States||Use the web form|
|Online application from outside Canada and the United States||Contact the Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate you selected in the online application|
|Paper application from inside Canada or the United States||Use the web form|
|Paper application from outside Canada and the United States||Contact the Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate you sent your application to|
If you change your contact information (such as your address or email)
- it takes time for us to update your information
- check in case we sent the update to your old contact information
Find out more on how to
Answers others found useful
- What are the requirements for becoming a Canadian citizen?
- I already have a citizenship application in process. How will the 2015 changes to the citizenship legislation affect my application?
- Do I become a Canadian when I marry a Canadian?
- How much does it cost to apply for Canadian citizenship?
- I am a citizen of another country. Will I lose that citizenship if I become a Canadian?
- What can I do if my citizenship application is refused?
- What should I do if I missed my citizenship test?
- Can I leave Canada after I mail my citizenship application?
- What is a non-routine citizenship application?
- Do I have to use the travel journal?
- If I’m applying for citizenship, do I still have to submit the physical presence calculator if I submit the travel journal?
- If I’m transferring through different countries at the airport, or by car or train, do I need to record it in my travel journal?
- How do I get more copies of the travel journal?
- My application has been returned, because it’s incomplete. Do I have to recalculate my physical presence (time lived in Canada)?
Form and guide
- Date modified: