When can I take my online citizenship test or retest?
You can only take your test or retest during the 21-day period shown on your invitation. You must wait until you receive your invitation. You can’t access the test until we invite you.
- You don’t need to contact us to get an invitation.
- If you need a retest, it usually takes us 4 to 8 weeks to reschedule you, but it may take longer.
- We’re working as quickly as we can to invite all eligible applicants to take the test.
- If you contact us, we won’t have further information or invite you sooner.
After you receive your invitation, you
- must complete the test within 21 days of the start date in the invitation
- can take the test at any time during the 21-day period (including weekends and holidays)
- get only 1 chance to take the test for each invitation you receive
You cannot sign in to the test
- outside the 21-day period shown on your invitation, or
- after you submit the test
Answers others found useful
- What are the requirements for becoming a Canadian citizen?
- I already have a citizenship application in process. How will the 2015 changes to the citizenship legislation affect my application?
- Do I become a Canadian when I marry a Canadian?
- How much does it cost to apply for Canadian citizenship?
- I am a citizen of another country. Will I lose that citizenship if I become a Canadian?
- What can I do if my citizenship application is refused?
- What should I do if I missed my citizenship test?
- Can I leave Canada after I mail my citizenship application?
- What is a non-routine citizenship application?
- Do I have to use the travel journal?
- If I’m applying for citizenship, do I still have to submit the physical presence calculator if I submit the travel journal?
- If I’m transferring through different countries at the airport, or by car or train, do I need to record it in my travel journal?
- How do I get more copies of the travel journal?
- My application has been returned, because it’s incomplete. Do I have to recalculate my physical presence (time lived in Canada)?
- Date modified: