During the online test, my webcam shows a black or static image. What should I do?
Try using a different device to take the test.
If you can’t return to the test within 30 minutes (the test’s time limit), contact the email in the “Rescheduling” section in your test invitation. In your email, tell us
- a detailed explanation of the issue and how you tried to fix it
- if you have a different device to take the online test
- your application number
- your unique client identifier (UCI)
We’ll reschedule your test once we review your email.
It usually takes us 4 to 8 weeks to reschedule your test, but it may take longer.
Answers others found useful
- What are the requirements for becoming a Canadian citizen?
- I already have a citizenship application in process. How will the 2015 changes to the citizenship legislation affect my application?
- Do I become a Canadian when I marry a Canadian?
- How much does it cost to apply for Canadian citizenship?
- I am a citizen of another country. Will I lose that citizenship if I become a Canadian?
- What can I do if my citizenship application is refused?
- What should I do if I missed my citizenship test?
- Can I leave Canada after I mail my citizenship application?
- What is a non-routine citizenship application?
- Do I have to use the travel journal?
- If I’m applying for citizenship, do I still have to submit the physical presence calculator if I submit the travel journal?
- If I’m transferring through different countries at the airport, or by car or train, do I need to record it in my travel journal?
- How do I get more copies of the travel journal?
- My application has been returned, because it’s incomplete. Do I have to recalculate my physical presence (time lived in Canada)?
- Date modified: