I’m a representative (or designated person). Why can’t I create a permanent residence or citizenship tracker account?
There could be a few reasons why you can’t create an account.
Your application isn’t in our system yet.
- We recommend that you wait until you receive the acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) letter or email.
- If you’ve received the AOR, that means
- the application is already in our system
- you’ll be able to create an account
- It may take some time before you get the AOR or before the application is in our system.
The application category isn’t set up in the tracker yet.
At this time, representatives can only create
- permanent residence tracker accounts for clients sponsoring or being sponsored as a spouse, partner or dependent child
- citizenship tracker account for adults and minors applying to become a Canadian citizen. This does not include applications
- for Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members
- for adopted children born outside Canada
- to give up (renounce) Canadian citizenship
- to resume of Canadian citizenship (after giving it up)
- for a Canadian citizenship certificate (proof of citizenship)
- for a search of citizenship records
For other applications, find out how to check your status.
The information you gave us doesn’t match what’s in our system.
You can only create an account if the information you enter matches what was submitted on the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form or the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] form.
Check the forms that were sent, and make sure you enter the same information.
Answers others found useful
- Do I need a representative to help me apply?
- Will my case be processed more quickly if I hire a representative?
- Do I need to pay someone to represent me on my citizenship application?
- What should I do if IRCC returns my application, saying my representative is not authorized?
- If I change my representative, do I have to tell Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)?
- What is a party ID?
- I’m a representative/designated person. Why can’t I get my party ID?
- Why can’t I see some of my client files in the PR tracker?
- Date modified: