Why have processing times changed for some applications types?
On March 31, 2022, we updated the processing times tool to more accurately show how long it may take to process your application.
Before, it showed our service standards, which are our commitment to processing your application under normal circumstances. Service standards are not updated regularly.
Most permanent residence and citizenship services now show processing times that are updated every week, based on data from the previous 6 months.
These updates give you more realistic and up-to-date information that reflects
- volumes of applications being processed and
- any changes to our ability to process applications
Processing times for temporary residence applications were already updated weekly, based on data from the past 8 or 16 weeks.
Learn more about
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- What does my family sponsorship application status mean?
- Why can’t I create a permanent residence tracker account for my sponsorship application?
- How do I check the status of my Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel application?
- Date modified: