How long will it take for me to get the work permit under the accelerated process for asylum claimants?
A work permit application will be created if your claim has been found eligible once you
- submit your claim (for example, online through the Canadian Refugee Protection Portal or IRCC Portal)
- provide your biometrics and
- complete your immigration medical exam
How long it takes to get the work permit varies depending on when an officer can complete their review of your claim. For IRCC cases, if information is missing, an officer will contact you through epost Connect or the portal.
The service standard to issue a work permit is 30 days once
- an officer completes their review and
- we receive your immigration medical exam results in the system
Answers others found useful
- Who can make a request under the Access to Information Act?
- What information is available under the Access to Information Act and Privacy Act?
- Who can make a request under the Privacy Act?
- How and where do I submit an Access to Information or Privacy request?
- What is the fee for an Access request?
- Date modified: