Are there any conditions on my work permit?
Some conditions will be written directly on your work permit.
These may include
- the type of work you can do
- the employer you can work for
- where you can work
- how long you can work
Regulation 185 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations lists all the conditions that may be put on your work permit.
There are also standard conditions that apply to all work permit holders. Even if you have no specific conditions on your work permit, you still must
- not work for an employer in a business where there are reasonable grounds to suspect a risk of sexual exploitation of some workers, specifically
- strip clubs
- massage parlours
- escort agencies
- leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay
See also: How do I remove medical conditions from my open work permit.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: