Can I apply for a work permit when I enter Canada?
COVID-19 restrictions: Who can apply at the port of entry
There are restrictions on who can apply for a work permit or give their biometrics at a Canadian port of entry right now due to travel restrictions.
You should only apply at the port of entry if you’re eligible.
Before you travel to Canada
All travellers entering Canada must follow testing and quarantine requirements to keep everyone safe. Under certain conditions, you may be exempt from some of these requirements.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: