My work permit has expired. Can I apply for another one?
Yes, but you can only do this if your permit expired fewer than 90 days ago. You also need to restore your temporary status in Canada.
Since you need to apply to restore your status after it has expired, you can’t work while this application is in progress.
International Experience Canada participants
To restore your status, you must be eligible to extend your work permit. See Extend or change your work permit - International Experience Canada.
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: