Can my spouse or common-law partner and dependent children come with me to Canada?
If you are coming to Canada for a short time
- meet all the requirements for temporary residents to Canada,
- satisfy an immigration officer they will only stay in Canada temporarily,
- can prove they have no criminal record, if necessary, and
- meet all the conditions for getting a temporary resident visa, if they are from a country or territory whose citizens require a visa in order to enter Canada as visitors.
If you are moving to Canada permanently
Answers others found useful
- What is an open work permit?
- Who can apply for an open work permit?
- Are there any conditions on my work permit?
- What is a Labour Market Impact Assessment?
- I am a Canadian citizen and my spouse is not. Can my spouse work in Canada?
- How can I find out about jobs in Canada?
- How long will it take to process my work permit application?
- Can I apply to extend a work permit from inside Canada?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: