May I send my open work permit application and permanent residence applications separately?
Yes. If you did not send an open work permit application with your permanent residence application, you can send it separately. Write, “Open Work Permit — Live-in Caregiver” on the top of the application form.
Note, however, that if your application for permanent residence in Canada cannot be located, the application for an open work permit may be refused. This is why we advise you to submit both applications at the same time.
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- What does my family sponsorship application status mean?
- Why can’t I create a permanent residence tracker account for my sponsorship application?
- Why have processing times changed for some applications types?
- How do I check the status of my Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel application?
- Date modified: