Language selection


Help Centre what do you need help with?

Do I need to extend my work permit while my permanent residence application is being processed?

You should submit your open work permit application with your permanent residence application. If you do so, you do not need to renew your current Live-in Caregiver Program work permit to keep working for your employer.

However, you may need a valid work permit to renew documents such as your social insurance card or your health card. In these cases, you would need to renew your work permit.

Answers others found useful

Form and guide

Glossary term

Date modified: