I applied for an open work permit and permanent residence. What if my current work permit expires?
If your work permit expires, you’re authorized to keep working if
- you had a valid work permit at the time you applied for your open work permit and
- you’ll continue to work under the conditions of your original work permit
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- What does my family sponsorship application status mean?
- Why can’t I create a permanent residence tracker account for my sponsorship application?
- Why have processing times changed for some applications types?
- How do I check the status of my Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel application?
- Date modified: