Will the time I worked under any work permit help me get permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Program?
No. To be eligible to apply for permanent residence under the Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP), you must have applied for the program from outside Canada. Also, a visa officer must have decided that you met the criteria of the Live-in Caregiver Program before you entered Canada and worked as a live-in caregiver. Only time you have worked as a live-in caregiver with a valid work permit under the Live-in Caregiver Program in Canada counts toward the employment requirement for permanent residence.
Answers others found useful
- How long will it take to process my application?
- When does my processing time start?
- How can I check the status of my application?
- Why can’t I see my case status online?
- I sent my application a while ago, but there is no record of my application online. Why?
- How are processing times calculated?
- Why do some application processing times change and others do not?
- What does my family sponsorship application status mean?
- Why can’t I create a permanent residence tracker account for my sponsorship application?
- Why have processing times changed for some applications types?
- How do I check the status of my Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel application?
How to video
Form and guide
- Date modified: